Friends, family, Georgia Voters,
YOU MUST TAKE ACTION TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
On Monday, March 8th, House Bill 788 – a bill to ban gas chambers in Georgia as a method to euthanize pets turned into shelters, will be on the calendar for the House Rules Committee for consideration to be heard in the full House of Representatives. If this bill is not approved by the Rules Committee to be put on the calendar, it will die in committee this legislative session.
The consequence of this is former pets will continue to be euthanized in gas chambers in Georgia for another year.
DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!! LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD THAT YOU SUPPORT THIS BILL AND WANT THE RULES COMMITTEE TO VOTE YES TO PUT THIS BILL ON THE CALENDAR TO BE VOTED ON IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES!!!!!!!
Here is what you need to do:
#1. Call the Rules Committee office, 404-656-5141 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 404-656-5141 end_of_the_skype_highlighting – POLITELY, let them know you are a Georgia voter, you would ask that this committee vote YES to put it on the calendar for the House of Representatives to hear this bill.
#2. Call your House of Representative – YOU ARE A GEORGIA VOTER – YOUR REPRESENTATIVE VOTES ON YOUR BEHALF ON MATTERS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU& THEY LISTEN TO VOTERS IN THEIR DISTRICT !!!!! Ask that your representative pass this bill with a YES vote when it is presented for a vote in the House.
Instructions listed below how to find your Representative:
1. Go to www.legis.ga.gov
2. Click “Find Your Legislator”under the picture of the Capitol
3. Click “Vote-Smart”
4. On the left, under the box “Find Your Representative” type in your zip code, click GO
5. If you do not know your +4 ZIP, on the right side of this screen click “Don’t know your 9 digit zip” follow the instructions then go back to
Legislative site and type it in under “Find Your Representative” click GO
6. Under “State Legislative” click your Representative name in blue
7. On the next screen, to the right and bottom, click “Complete Contact Info”
For the animals,
Georgia Voters for Animal Welfare